4/12/2008

iBook Dilemma-emma-emma

My iBook is officially deaf.  It can't hear anything.   Neither its internal mic nor the USB-headset mic picks up any sound.  At all.  It's deaf.  Disabled.  Differently abled.  A laptop with a disability.  I called the Apple Care Protection Plan number (the ACPP is a must-have for all Mac users, fyi; as much as you are careful with yours, anything can happen in three years), and, since I still have 133 days on my warranty, the lady I spoke to offered to have the computer fixed.  As of now, I am expecting a self-addressed box to arrive here on Monday.  I have to put the computer there and send it back, and I can expect to get it either the Friday of that week or the Tuesday of the week after.

I'm hesitating now, though, on whether to get my computer fixed that way or whether to wait until after I turn my last paper in.  One week is a really long time to go without a laptop, especially with all the papers I have due.  I work in the library for a significant amount of time, and they have computers there, but I also like to go home before my work is done and put in an hour of two of work before I go off and watch the election music videos of Obama and Clinton, my latest obsession.  Obama's videos are winning the day, hands-down.  Especially because Will.I.Am of the Black-Eyed Peas is so gung-ho about campaigning for him.   Have you guys seen his "Yes We Can" and "We are the Ones" videos?  Inspiring.

Yeah, I think I'll wait for three weeks before I get my mic fixed.  It's not urgent anyway, and I'll be out of South Bend for a little more than a week before graduation.  I won't need my computer then.

No comments: