4/10/2008

The Buzz

I'm working harder than I've ever worked in my life, so naturally, the need for a "fun" thing to distract myself with has become pressing. And what is that fun thing?

Celebrity gossip. Yes. The Perez Hilton and the Philippine Entertainment Portal kind. As to why I find these things so riveting, do not ask for I won't tell. Ask me instead about the Gerard Butler - Cameron Diaz affair and the latest interview of Sam Milby. A second obsession? Filipino romantic comedies. From "One More Chance" to "All About Love" to "You Are the One." I have seen a lot of them, friends, make no mistake. Sam Milby's Filipino makes me cringe. But I have heard worse from individuals in my high school.

And so I don't come across as a complete ditz (I do a good job of it online, but not in person, apparently, because I project the resilience and determination of a Ninja turtle), I have something semi-profound to say. Vhong Navarro said something sexist. In a Pipol segment of maybe seven years ago, he said that Toni Gonzaga was sharp and witty, and that was unique for a girl. The fool of a took. He must not know many girls then.

Ah, but I'll let that pass. I'm fighting my own battles and have neither time nor energy to rally to this cause.

1 comment:

G.V. said...

like my FilipinO!
but mine's really straight when it's cursing! or drunk! haha!!!