4/18/2008

I Work = iWork '08

Less than 24 hours after I first decided to get a Xootr Mg (which I still haven't gotten, btw; I'm giving myself the weekend to "think" it through so I can say that I made an informed decision), I am thinking of picking up yet another toy: iWork '08. I'm using the trial version right now, and I am hooked. I've been playing around on Pages more than Keynote, but it's been an absolute blast so far. The templates are awesome, and the formatting is very easy to use. The Apple Store prices this at $ 79, and the student discount just gets me $ 8 off, so this won't come cheap. But I want, I want, I want, I want! Let's see if I will get.

I've also thought very briefly about getting the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. But I'm going to desist and say no. I'm happy with my Microsoft Office 2004. Besides, I tried the Microsoft Office 2008 on Windows, and it's nothing fantastic. So no to that. But if someone gives that to me as a present, I won't say no. Just saying.

Let's shift gears now to free stuff. I've been downloading freeware sporadically since a few weeks ago from this awesome site. These are the stuff I've gotten so far: Quinn (Tetris), HandBrake (which lets you rip DVDs - important for making movies), Celtx (for screenplay writing), Shredder (you have to pay if you want to shred free disk space, but you can shred your web browser cookies and history for free; you can also shred any of your files by dragging it onto the icon; in this age of identity-theft and what-not, can't be too careful), and xPad (like Notepad on Windows, except that this has tabs, so you don't have a lot of documents running around). I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but this is all I'm willing to write right now.

Oh, software is so fun. But I [have to] Work. Now. Bye.

No comments: