4/22/2006

Multimedia Sharing

I found myself at home this Saturday night, as my friends went to see a movie, and I wasn't up for it. I ate my dinner while watching Harry Potter 4. I stopped the movie after twenty minutes though, because the way they portrayed Hermione was just oh-so-annoying (I'm sure I'll expound on this at some later post, so watch for it). I was surfing mindlessly when my flatmate knocked on my door because she could hear Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" blaring from my room, and she wanted to tell me that she liked the song. I like the song a whole lot. It's not my kind of music genre-wise, but I like it. Anyway, she had me try this Chinese concoction called 8 Treasures (it's this sweet snack with red beans and seven other things). It was pretty good. We stood around in the kitchen and chatted for a bit. That was fun. We don't talk often, but I genuinely like her because she makes me laugh. After that, I went back to my room and started watching music videos in YouTube. I started off with Bamboo's "Hallelujah," went on to Rivermaya's "Elesi," and ended with the Eraserheads' "Alapaap."

Those were the songs of a few days ago. Right now, my two songs of the moment are Coheed and Cambria's "A Favor House Atlantic" and "Devil in Jersey City." Get the mp3s here. Oh, and do me a favor - listen to the songs and tell me if the lead singer sounds like he looks like this:



Because that's him. I kid you not. See him singing one of their newer songs somewhere in this website. Unbelievable, right? When my friend told me that the lead was a guy, I thought she was telling me that pigs could fly. That was funny. I think my voice is even lower than this guy's! But I like this band. Their music's addictive.

And now to my most important find:



It's a video of the Ateneo campus! (To the Tunay at Totoong Etch-ers: Bahay natin, oh. Haha.) This was the last thing I expected to see on the web. It's a pretty new video too, because it has the new Student Center thing they built in between SEC and SOM. I don't like the "soundtrack." I think that the "Song for Mary" is the type of song that is best sung in Ateneo-La Salle basketball games (I super miss those!) or graduation or things like that. The acoustic version that this guy made doesn't do it for me. But it's not bad, I guess. What a find, yeah? This made me really happy.

And that's it. I just wanted to share.

11 comments:

HANS V. said...

Camilla, the nerd singing the song is Rico Blanco. I could tell based on the ugly quality of his voice. He is truly one of the worst vocalists of all time. But sans the audio, I thought the video presentation was okay. Good to reminisce with and simple and relaxed.

Re the mp3s, ill listen to them and email you my comment on that. im currently listening to P!nk and her album exemplifies my recent joie de vivre fascination. it's a good soundtrack for this time of my life. hehe. (i hope i don't sound defensive.)

CS said...

CL: Talaga, that's Rico Blanco? I had no idea. (Haha, yes, parang we didn't talk about this already.) But really, though, why does he pronounce 'Mary' like that? Anyway, super good luck with the job thing. Kick-ass, and then make me kuwento. And then kick Cathy for being out of touch. Hahaha.

Kit said...

hey camille! i've been reading your blog and i love it. reminds me alot of my american days/ways ;) altho the amount of time you spend in the library = the time i drunkenly passed out on the streets.

i can't believe that you'd like Coheed and Cambria... i saw them live and they were Awesome! Try Blood Red Summer or Wake Me Up. the dude's afro is unbelievable. While you're at that- maybe you would wanna check out Waking Life- i think it's a really insightful film. tell me what you think.

miss yah~

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan said...

Hey Camille! I'm back! Kamusta ka na? :) We've gotta get in touch! Tell me about life there, haha! What's your number, by the way? I'll call you sometime. Leave a message na lang on my Yahoo Messenger! :)

Okay, gotta go. Take care and good luck!

By the way, link me up: http://buhayamerika.livejournal.com. :)

Anonymous said...

is that your school's song? it sounds so much like the canadian national anthem! well, a part of it anyway. well, except for the lyrics and the guy singing. okay, maybe it sounds nothing like the canadian anthem. ha ha. i wanna visit your school! i wanna visit your country!

CS said...

Kit: Hey!! I know - I do spend an obscene amount of time studying (or at least pretending to). And if anything exciting happens to me here, I'll just e-mail it to you. No way in the hey shall I be posting about it here! Hahaha. I can't believe you saw Coheed and Cambria live! They're my band of the moment. I'll check out the two songs you recommended, and also the movie. And update your blog, Kit!! I miss your writing.

Jonathan: Hey, nice to hear from you! How's everything? Check your YM, I've sent you my number there. Okay, talk to you sometime! In the meantime, have a great week. :)

Chai: Hi Chuckie. I have no idea how the Canadian national anthem sounds like. Visit my school and visit the country! I'll take you around. And it's gonna be F-U-N. And stop pretending to read already. :P

ollie said...

Omg! I was listening to Alapaap when I was reading your entry...! how cool is that? And yeah, Shakira's new song really sticks on you... yum... hips... hahaha.

ZeMarketinGuru said...

magonline ka nga! hahaha. havent chat with u for such a long time man!

carl said...

LOL @ hans's rico blanco comment.

song for mary was really meant to be the graduation hymn. there's another alma mater song, hail ateneo hail, i think, but it's been forgotten over the yeras because sfm kinda took over. but why am i saying these useless info.

anyway, since you mentioned missing admu-dlsu games, the latest buzz concerning this is that there won't be any matches for the following year as la salle is suspended from participating in uaap for a year. saw it in the tabloid here in the office. i was shocked actually.

CS said...

Ollie: Haha, what a coincidence nga! Have you left NY na ba? Was supposed to call you again, but it totally slipped my mind. Finals is the excuse.

Rubnan: Yes, yes, magpapakita na ako once finals ends. Isa nalang, isa nalang, isa nalang!

Carl: Hail Ateneo Hail? Talaga? Don't think I've ever heard that one. Oh, and are you serious re La Salle? What did they do? What happened? Details, details!