5/08/2006

Quack, Quack

Five more units to go, and the 1L chapter of my life ends. That's an interesting thought. It's the most profound thought I've had for the past how many days. I've been studying for finals, and I think my brain's retaliating for all the trauma I'm inflicting on it by rendering me incapable of either understanding simple statements or functioning properly. Case in point: Subway girl says, "would you like that toasted?," I say "provolone," and then I act all confused when she looks at me like I've turned into a carrot. Another example: this morning in the shower, I got shampoo in my eyes, knocked the shampoo bottle over (naturally, because I couldn't see), and then banged my nose on the soap plate when I was bending over to get the bottle. Man, that hurt my nose big-time. And then I hurt my big toe when I tried to kick that bottle over to the side. Oh my goodness. The ruckus I was making. "Don't let me get me. I'm my own worst enemy." Pink wrote those lines for me.

* * *

Unlike finals time last semester, I can't complain about the snow, because there is no snow. Spring is in the air, and the weather has been nice. Of course, I'm not out all that often, and the only time that I do get to see the sun is when I walk to and from the law school, but everything looks green and shiny from the window of my study place. Speaking of the weather, the most un-Filipino thing I've done here is to go outside with two of my friends and lay on the grass while reading for Contracts. Imagine me doing that in the Ateneo quad? Imagine me soaring through the air with a duck on my back?

* * *

Did any of you know that ducks could fly? I honestly had no idea that ducks could fly! Yeah, yeah, I'm a Mighty Ducks kid, and I know that movie line about "soaring high and flying straight" or "flying high and soaring straight." Ay, whatever. I know about the V formation that they used in the movie, but I never really thought that ducks could fly! How scary. Those big fat birds have been all over the campus lately. And then I saw one flying, and it just really creeped me out! What if it lays a balut on your head?! Or two baluts?! Scary thought. But I'd love to see it happening to someone.

* * *

There are so many animals around here. There are small red birds, small blue birds, small black birds, small brown birds, big black birds, flying ducks, hopping bunnies, wombats, raccoons, ostriches, squirrels, chipmunks, swans, dogs, cats, elephants, and monkeys. Just kidding - about the last two. It's a bit unnerving sometimes to see all these animals around me. It makes me feel like I'm in the Singapore Wildlife Safari place, and people are viewing me from their tram.

* * *

I am boring myself with this entry. Until next time then.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, friend. no wombats at ND.

fabian said...

how could u not know that?!?

All together now:

"Ducks fly together!"

m said...

(continuing from Fabs' comment)

Plus there are several references re: ducks flying (esp. to the south for winter) in children's stories! Cams! :O jk :D

HANS V. said...

Camilla, I'm loving the new template. I especially like that I found one for my blog from the template website you just linked.

Re mighty ducks, I can't believe you were a fan of that cheesy movie. Please. Even when I was young, I knew what sort of touchy-feely crap was acceptable and that was not it.

About lying on the grass in Ateneo, you're right. imagine the amount of judgement you wouldve gotten if you did that.

Finally, re that bathroom incident, im not surprised. What's different, however, about this story is that neither alcohol nor a toilet bowl was involved.

Anonymous said...

haha your comment about the animals made me laugh...i can totally relate!!!
I love seeing the squirrels hopping (?) and the geese waddling about in my school. hihihi. =)

carl said...

pardon the ditsy comment but i'm really feeling this new layout. i love the colors, really. (yes, inspite of hans's sentiments about it.)

and about the lying on the grass thing, you should have known more communication majors. :P not that we roll on the fields or anything. moreover, my stint here in UP...the sunken garden in the afternoon...i don't even have to describe. :)

but then, is that really you letting loose?

CS said...

Mother: I saw a wombat. I did, I did, I did.

Fabs: Haha, yeah, I so remember that line.

Maf: And I so remember reading about duck migration too. But I had no idea why I didn't know-know. The power of selective learning.

Hans: I'm happy to take some of the credit for Regal Shocker. And re the stories, yes, there are other things aside from alcohol and toilet bowls that happen here.

Arienette: Hope you're enjoying the banquet that is freedom now.

Gi: Wow, you guys have geese over there?! Dude, the next thing you'll be telling me is that geese can fly.

Carl: Forgive the ditsiness too - yeah, the lay-out is nice, no? (Complete with the Ricky Reyes voice) Sunken garden in the afternoon? Haha, Carl, the stories I've heard about that garden. And nah, I'm not letting loose. I'd like to think. I'd like you to think. ;)

carl said...

hans just pointed out last night that we did not have opposing sentiments towards this lay-out so it was weird the way i said it. haha gawd mustve been high when i was posting said comment, or something.

hah sunken garden. i havent just heard those dirty tales, i witnessed some of them. and make no mistake, i haven't starred in such display. at least not yet. :P

and letting loose is good. just make sure that you've got a spiffy insurance package. haha