9/19/2007

Mega-Fantastic Slayer Deal

I'm back!

My grand writing dreams are once again featuring prominently in my life, and so I am once again going back to this blog as a tool to improve my writing prowess and to get me happily along on the very ambitious path to literary success. Let's talk a little bit about what I want to talk about, shall we?

I got a mega-fantastic deal today at the mall. SB and I went to the mall today to run some errands, and I found myself in the music/DVD store. I almost had a heart attack when I saw their sale special - up to 50% for DVDs of TV series. And the DVDs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer were there! (Cue for Handel's Allelluia here). They didn't have Season 2 or Season 4, so that was a bummer. But they did have Seasons 1, 3, 5, 6, and 7, and each one was going for $20 a pop. I got Seasons 3, 5, 6, and 7, because SB said she'd be handing over Season 1 to me after the year ends. I'm just lacking Seasons 2 and 4 at this point. That's okay, though, because I have Season 2 at home (in Manila), and I can get Season 4 at some other place. Wow, that was a steal! I'm feeling really pleased with myself right now. I don't have a DVD collection here - I have just two, actually, one of them a gift - so I'm excited because I feel that I'm starting a collection right now.

And it's an honor to start it with BtVS. Joss Wheddon is my idol. And when the lights go down and law classes end, I go around Notre Dame and stake vampires.

* * *


SB and I were attacked by vicious flying insects today. We were walking home from the law school, when random flying creatures started heading right at us, one of them nesting in my hair, one of them perching on my hand, and one of them even resting at my neck. My goodness! When we looked to the ground, we saw millions of those same red insects there. I felt like a giant lightbulb that all of those moths congregated around. I got really grossed out by the moth that went to my hair, so I calmed myself down by opening my Federal Income Taxation statute book and plopping it on my head for the rest of the way home. But of course, I took it off when I caught sight of guys.

* * *


I almost fell today. I was too shocked to screech, as I normally would, and I caught myselfbefore I went crashing down. The reason? I was wearing sandals, and my right foot slipped off from the sandal base to the ground. It was so ridiculous. It had none of the dignity of my first Notre Dame fall - that which happened when I was rushing to get to an 8 AM class. But it was a good laugh anyway.

* * *


I'd write more, but my battery is dying, and I have to make a call before I sleep. I'll leave you with this post. And with this piece of advice: if you are running on reserve battery power, then you better finish what you're doing before the screen goes blank.

No comments: