5/17/2006

Surreal

I have been wanting to ramble for the longest time, but now that I actually have time to do it, I'm not really in the mood. I'll do it anyway, just because. Game. So one chapter closes, and the next one begins. This summer's bound to be interesting, that much I can say. Between the Buffy job and the Giles job, I've got my hands full but my mind free. I'm determined to do everything I want to do. That includes watching one million films and reading even more books, and also finding the time to learn Photoshop and work out. So good luck to me as I attempt to get all that done. Oh, and I should probably make friends too.

* * *

Last Monday, Fati came over for a visit. It was so surreal to see her here. The last time I saw her was last December, when I went home for Christmas. I was showing her around, and it hit me that I have a really bad sense of direction. Well, okay, this is something that I've known since before. Even if my family and I vacation in Baguio often, I still don't know how to get from place to place there. And back home, when my driver-friends ask me which way they should turn after exiting from the village gate, I have to tell them to wait and let me think, never mind that the cars behind us are all tooting their horns. My girls here know that I'm a useless co-navigator. When the driver loses her way, all I can do is stop my chatter and hope that she finds our way back. But yeah, it did hit me that I probably should brush up on my direction skills. Or develop them, I mean - you can't brush up on something that you don't have.

* * *

I watched "Rudy" last night. Now that was another surreal moment. It was filmed in the Notre Dame campus, and it felt funny seeing the prison, in all its glory, being featured so prominently on the screen. (A/N: I call that towering rectangular building with the Touchdown Jesus mural a prison, because I lost two week of my life in there.)

Anyway, I'm happy for Rudy, that he got what he wanted and that his hard work paid off. But that said, I'm glad I'm not a Rudy.

No comments: