8/23/2004

Reformatting

In the beginning, I adopted a puppy. It was friendly, simple, and neat. Its first owner, from Blogskins, called it Grey Matter. I did not give it a name, but I did give it a home. From the time that I made this puppy mine, I paid attention to nothing else. Day and night, I tended to its needs, researching on grooming techniques and painstakingly experimenting on the myriad of ways to make it achieve its potential.

At first, the puppy was endearingly cooperative. It was patient and encouraging, allowing me to learn from it and grinning at me when I made even the slightest progress. But the puppy soon showed its wicked side. It was like a chameleon in that way: it appeared perfectly healthy to me but painfully contorted to everyone else. Levi, Gigi, and Len exposed the extent of the puppy's betrayal.

That the puppy could do this to me is a most sorrowful mystery - my very own Agony in the Computer. Thank God that Cushee, my shih tzu, never hurt me in this way. Oh the pain! The sorrow! I felt that there was to be no tomorrow! But tomorrow did come and, with it, a most grave realization: the Taming of the Puppy is my job to do. In this life, it is one of my many burdens to bear.

While the task at hand is daunting, I take solace in the knowledge that I do not labor in vain. The puppy, now called Harbor, has been slowly responding to my efforts. While traces of its savage nature can still be discerned, its obvious imperfections are gradually fading away. Truly, Harbor is almost unrecognizable as the beast that it was before.

But the praise for this does not belong to me alone. Levi, who is skilled in dealing with impossible puppies, if not with bratty children, has been invaluable in this endeavor and must be credited for his efforts.

Indeed, I am confident of success in this. I can only wish that it will come soon. Very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Camille is a weird girl.

LOL! =D

-Kung Fit