3/05/2006

Uncreatively Titled

Dilly-dallying time. I've been staring at the computer screen for how many minutes now, and I'm tired of reading my legal writing. In fact, a while ago, while I was in the middle of editing this paper I've to submit by the end of this week, I laid me down to sleep for a five-minute nap that lasted for three hours. When I woke up from that sleep, I saw the pink of my bedsheet, so I knew I was in my room. For some reason, though, I had it in my head that if I walked out of my room, I would see the rest of my family there instead of a leaf-laden hallway.

* * *

It was snowing when I woke up for the second time today. As the past how many days have been blissfully snow-free, this did not come as a pleasant surprise. I hate snow; I really do. It looks nice and white and pure, but ... well, in the interest of Lent, I won't say what I really think of it. I don't like it at all. I don't, I don't, I don't. Oh well. That's one more thing to complain about.

* * *

For some reason, Natalie Imbruglia gets me right here every Sunday. Her lyrics just speak to me: "Tonight, can I be lost forever/To drown my soul in sensory pleasure" from Beauty on the Fire and "I'm counting down the days tonight/I just want to be a million miles away from here." from Counting Down the Days. (Thanks to Cokelover for the mp3s as well as for the banner, by the way!) Self-explanatory reasons, so let's move on.

* * *

Red Horse, in conspiracy with red and white, mega-whipped my ass two Saturdays ago. Last Saturday, it was J. C. and cotton b. But I was fine then, and I'm fine now. One more time'll make three.

* * *

Why can't spring break start already? I was talking to my sister a while ago, and she said that her school ends on Friday, just like mine does. But when I told her that mine'd end for just a week, she said, "Cham, mine's a real break, as in not just a week." Summertime in Manila. Emergency's over, the beaches await, and the fun's gonna start soon. I want to go home for the summer. But I know that I'll be here.

* * *

I'm drying up here, literally. My hands are red and itchy, and my fingers have the audacity to cut themselves just because I sometimes forget to apply lotion. My goodness. I'll say this for the one-millionth time - it's a really good thing I like me.

* * *

Last thing before I move on to the next dilly-dallying affair: I was thinking of being more thematic in my blog approach. Well, okay, I was thinking of explaining "The Gunner" theme and saying a bit about me and how this blog ties in with that and all that introductory horse that would somehow make for an interesting read. It was a good plan while it lasted.

5 comments:

HANS V. said...

Your welcome. But regarding summer, i think you may be sentimentalizing it a bit. Don't forget, summer here is painfully hot and humid, with surprising quickie rain showers. it may be a far cry from your snow, but there's much to hate about it also.

Bobby said...

great to see you back blogging. i missed this blog!

ditto on the snow. i hated it!

hmm..just realized something - we've been de-linked! hmph!

CS said...

CL: Yeah, that's all true, but the world'll be there, and that more than makes up for it.

Bob: Hahaha, that last line made me laugh. Those are Cokelover's links, btw. You'll all be linked again soon.

carl said...

wow. camille, seriously, i'd rather have that snow than this inferno-inspired thing called "summer in manila." i sweat even at night. (okay that was an exaggeration.)

how are you by the way?

CS said...

Haha, Carl, I guess I wouldn't mind the snow so much if I didn't have to plod through it in clunky boots to get to and from school. At least in "summer in Manila," we get around in airconditioned shells.

All good here, thanks! Same old me, save for the geographic displacement. Yourself?