3/28/2006

Debate Tidbits

I am so tired right now. I had my oral argument for my Moot Court class about three hours ago. It went well, and I'm grateful for that. The funny thing (yes, funny now; scary a while ago) was that I'd honestly thought that the oral argument, which is 15% of the grade, was scheduled for tomorrow instead of today. Whew - it's a good thing I'd worked on it over the weekend.

* * *

To my ADS friends who are in law school: guys, you better do Moot Court! I won't be definite about it, but I'm really, really thinking about going for Moot Court next year. Jessup Competition, anyone? Haha, yes, the Gunner dreams. Special mention to John and Jess (Lopez, how are you?!). And also to William.

* * *

Speaking of debate, I was talking to Ray A. how many weeks ago at some party. He said that we should have paired up and gotten ND to fund us for Worlds. I was like, oo nga no, sayang! Yes, we were dreaming (I am oh-so-rusty, friends; I can feel it.), but that would have been fun. I still have two Worlds left. Chances are that I'm not going to use those up though. Too bad Ray's leaving in a few months; we could have made that plan work for this year. Who's hosting Worlds this year, anyway? Oh, when Ray gets back, ask him to do card tricks. No joke, guys. He can do magic, and he can do it well.

* * *

Here's to grand debating dreams.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

moot court? Pretend court?

CS said...

Gi: Haha, yeah, sort of. Just another debate format. :)

Anonymous said...

Counselor (i.e., Attorney Camille), what do you mean by high risk? Do you mean high risk? Higher risk? Substantial risk? Risk to life? Risk to limb? Risk to back? Risky business? Risk a la carte? Risk over easy? Risk a la mode?

Finally, counselor, I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you should not be blog-surfing during class.... :)

CS said...

Haha, Chai, that was like high risk of insanity right there. I am sooo glad that we're done with Emma Morgan. And yes, yes, point taken. :P I'll go check mail instead.

Anonymous said...

hay nako camille if you didn't leave us eh di may isa nang sure kasali ng UP law team sa jessup next year. [they're doing well/did well daw in dc. i think dun eh]

hehehe. now kalaban ka na.

one of my frustrations is to be a debater. argh.i just lack... organized thoughts, for one. haha. is it too late?!

CS said...

Jufran! I'm super jealous - who are the UP delegates? Update me ha, this is the kind of news I like. I might not do Jessup this year. Baka next year. Dude, compete rin, para makapagkita tayo! (Haha, feeling!)

It's not too late to start debating at all. Besides, Moot Court is a format that most of the HS and college debaters have never done before. Do Moot Court, okay? That's my plan for you, and that should be your plan for yourself. Now go, go, make it happen. ;)