3/19/2006

Getting Back to It - Or Pretending To

It's the Sunday before school starts. Yeah, Spring Break's come to a close, and I'm pretty bummed about that. It's time for me to suit up for work again. I've been a horrible student for the past how many hours, really. I had trouble concentrating on the reading for tomorrow, but instead of diligently plodding on and seeking to understand, I blasted lots of upbeat and happy music through my headphones. My objective was accomplished - time passed by, and the readings became bearable. The sad catch was that I don't think I understood much of what I read. I was reading this one case, for example, and I was at the last line when the holding stated something completely different from what I'd understood thus far. When that happened, I stared at the last sentence in disbelief. And then I shrugged and 'read on.' What I don't understand now, I will figure out tomorrow.

* * *

There are tons of stories to tell, actually, so this next section won't be a rant and rave about how boring my life's been so far. It hasn't been boring at all, mind. If anything, it's been almost too exciting to believe. Yes, I exaggerate not. But no details on this public space. I'm a private person, so you'll have to hear the stories from me.

* * *

I was talking to my high school buddy, Abu, last Saturday morning. I'd talked to her about two weeks ago, and I'd said I'd call her back the next day, but something happened the night before and I was too distracted to. Well, that morning, something else happened, and I was too distracted not to call. I was up at the ungodly hour of 830 AM, and I didn't want to wake up any more of the friends that I'd kept up until late (as in really late). Anyway, Abu and I were talking and talking, and it was as though we picked up right from where we left off. If I'm not mistaken, that was during our high school graduation, which was five years ago. The power of friendship. And the beauty of it too.

On that note, I'd like to say that I know I have call "utangs" to Manila friends who are here now. I chalk that debt up to lousy, lousy time management on my part (that useful ogre will just not be tamed). But that said, I know that I will call everyone here eventually. That's a statement of fact. When I do, I hope the time will be right and that fun conversations will flow. Similar sentiments abound for my e-mail backlog. Holy cow, friends, I apologize for the silence. But you guys do know that when I disappear for a while, you can expect novel e-mails that should last you for years. In the meantime, look to this blog to confirm that I am not yet dead.

* * *

The next few months are bound to be exciting. New experiences, important decisions to make, different skills to learn... Yeah, yeah, just practicing my spiel for the Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood audition. That was an awesome show. I liked it a whole lot, and I'd be genuinely offended if you told me anything to the contrary. Well, no, not really. We monkeys have our own bananas, and if you can't see the beauty of mine, then I feel sorry for you because you're blind.

* * *

I want to publish something. The last article I did was on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I had a lot of fun doing that, and I got paid for it too. I haven't written anything in ages. My goodness. No excuses, no excuses. If I'd publish my journal, I'd be rich and famous. But I won't do that. My secrets aren't for you. They'll be revealed to this world when we're all dead. And the world will mourn my passing.

8 comments:

HANS V. said...

camillah!!! lets chat sometime soon. so, no, don't call me while im at the gym. just call me when im not or do what you're supposed to -- schedule!

CS said...

CL: Haha, I know, I know, I know... Either e-mail novel or e-mail sched coming soon. Watch for it.

CS said...

Arienette: Haha, you know the stories, friend. You were there in almost all of them. And yes, I'm not into this at all. That's good - we're still normal.

Anonymous said...

That Tazmanian devil(is that how you spell it?) kind of looks like you. FUN-NY! ;0) ~Chai

ZeMarketinGuru said...

heyya! how are u camille-ah?! :P wag ka na nga ma-bore. come to SG, visit me and ill make ur pathetic boring life full of color. hahha..:P ingat and dont be a stranger nga! haha. :P

CS said...

Chai: Haha, I was getting tired of the ghost-girl pic. I think the t-devil one has more personality. Let's see how long it'll last.

Chard: If I visit you in SG, will you bring me with you to India? Haha, happy trip there, friend. Wala na, citizen of the world ka na! Visit nga Natz para you guys can come here, and I can grace you with my presence. It'll be fuuun.

carl said...

the part that has like two "something happened"s is frustrating. i was like, so what happened? where's the germ of the controversy? hahaha

at least give me this: does it have anything to do with a boy? hahaha

and about your memoirs, where do you think it will be placed under? cos mine will be under science fiction/fantasy/horror

CS said...

Carl: The only thing I'll give you re the "something happened"'s - ;). Haha, I'm kidding. Oh, and my memoirs will be placed under mystery/comedy/drama. I think!