12/14/2005

Recharging

I'm giving myself a few more minutes to recharge. I feel drained but not unpleasantly so. I just need a few more minutes, and then I can start working again. I'm more inspired to work now because the end is so near. Just two more days, and I'll be free. Oh, the plans I have for this winter break. I know I'm not going to be able to do half the things I want to do, but the thought that I'll be able to do at least some of them is gratifying enough. Yes, I know; I've become absurdly easy to please since I started law school. Then again, it's never taken much to make me happy.

I think it's funny how I sometimes segment my life - grade school, high school, university, bumhood, the brief AE stint, then law school. The segments are so artificial, so constructed. Who am I kidding? Life is one fluid whole. But sometimes, it doesn't seem to be that way, and so it isn't. The things that society can do to man. But then again, what is man without society? Man is born into a context. And from the very first day, he becomes socialized, so that there isn't a person-ality apart from his society. To be human is to be contextualized. That's just how it is. And to try to escape one context is to voluntarily insert oneself into another context, either one that already exists or one that he recreates.

I can hear my friend asking me "what are you trying to say?" I'm not trying to say anything. I'm not saying anything. I'm just typing and typing and smiling by myself because of my illegally happy thoughts. Two more songs, and then it's Contracts' turn to die.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Contracts will never die, my friend. We, as lowly 1Ls, can only take blind stabs at it. Good luck. ~chai