12/08/2005

Dilly-dallying

It's the night before my first law school finals, and I'm posting this up. What has gotten into me? Oh well. I'm not going to write about anything related to that, mind. It'd be an interesting read, I'm sure, but I'm not writing it up. My friend here said that I'm imprecise in my language, and I have to say that I can be. Like when I go on auto-pilot and start writing without thinking, for example. That's what happens when I post here - I share my thoughts but remain vague about my life (my present life, at least). That's how I like it, and that's how it shall be.

There's no point in me writing this, actually. I'm just looking for ways and means to waste time so that I can focus enough to get down to work. I don't focus easily, but once I do, everything goes really quickly. Hence, I don't get as impatient as some people do when they can't get down to work when they want to. I wait and wait and then work for a long while and then stop. And the cycle begins anew. It's not the most efficient way, but that's how I do it, and I've had no reason to complain.

I want to get out of my room. The bed's too near for comfort is why, and the pictures around me remind of where I'll be in just two more weeks. I cannot wait to go home. I like this place and my friends here a whole lot, but I miss my parents and siblings and family and friends and everyone else from home. Actually, I think I've attached extremely metaphysical definitions to Manila because I think about it so much - the home, the place I know best, the place I don't know at all, the abandoned land, the sought-after dream, the symbol. I'll let that thought bake for a while before I write about it because 1) I don't have the time and 2) I don't want to talk about that half-heartedly. Wow, I'm tabulating. My legal writing professor should be proud. How's that for writing like a lawyer?

But anyway, I think I'm stuck here. The snow is inches high, and I haven't bought boots yet, so if I go out, I'll get cold and wet. But then again, I just might go out. I've been pretty impulsive as of late, and there's no reason for me to remain where I don't want to be. We'll see. If I feel like going out after I post this up, then I will.

This ends here. I'm all for pointless writing, but I'm not going to flunk out of law school because of rambling. Back to work. For real.

2 comments:

HANS V. said...

Camilla!!! I havent seen you online in a long time (probably cos we're both eternally invisible). Anyways, i'd just like to point out that you didn't pick up this 'tabulating' thing recently. You've been doing it for years! On more important matters, text me as soon as your plane lands. Seriously. Don't come out of the airport without contacting me first. Or else (place random tragedy here). See ya soon and good luck with your exams!

CS said...

CL: Re tabulating, haha, oo nga no. Gosh, the things that law school makes me forget. Major thanks re exams, and see you guys soon nga! And tell Cathy that she better be free enough from work to hang out with us when I'm there or else (place random tragedy here). Cathy, joke half-meant, friend, so mag- VL ka na. Hahaha. ;)