3/13/2009

So Little Time, So Much To Do

The harder I work, the harder I play.

The internet is my playground of the moment. And here are my toys.

Allow me to introduce Jay Asher. He's my person of the moment because of his job history:
[He] has worked at an independent bookstore, an outlet bookstore, a chain bookstore, and two public libraries. He hopes, someday, to work for a used bookstore.
That has got to have been fun. In one of my alternate universes, I know that I am working at random bookstores and libraries and being completely happy doing so.

Oh yeah, Jay came to my attention because his first novel, "Thirteen Reasons Why," is getting lots of attention, both mainstream and not.

I'm adding that book to my ever-growing reading list. Ah, as if I didn't have enough to read already - what with my regular online haunts and my books. But that's okay. It's no fun to aspire to what I can easily achieve.

* * *

A few weeks ago, I had a hankering for an e-reader. The only two choices are the Kindle 2 and the Sony Reader. The latter is prettier, no question. But the Kindle 2 wins for me because you need a USB cable to download books for the Sony Reader. In-depth comparison of the two devices here.

At the end of the day, though, I don't think I am going to get an e-reader. For one thing, that's a couple hundred dollars that I am not willing to spend. And second, I think that ink and paper are essential parts of the reading experience. I mean, I have read stories online. Here's a good site for a quick lit fix, for example. But for reading and writing, I am very old-fashioned. I blog here, but my journal is written by hand. And I read pages and not screens. Just like the my favorite writers did.

* * *
All right, sleepy now, but I want first to dump some interesting articles that I came across this week. I may expound on them at a later post, but I never carry out my blog plans so don't count on that.
So little time, so much to do / I want to spend my days with you / So little time, so much to do / I want to spend one day with you / But if that day is not enough / I wish that we could stay in touch / But I'm not making plans for tomorrow / It never comessssssssss

* * *
Who is the you? What is the you? It's you, you, and all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah! You're writing again! I miss your posts. Miss hanging out with you in Chi-town man. Don't work yourself to the ground. Keep posting.