5/02/2007

I Miss 1L Exams

Yeah, that's right. I find myself longing for the exams of the first semester of the first year of law school. That was the closest I had ever come to academic suicide (not because I didn't work hard, but because I didn't work right), but through the grace of God, everything worked out in the end.

I don't miss the academic suicide part, or the panicky feeling that accompanied it. What I do miss is the tight scheduling, the whole a day and a half to study and then take the test. And then repeat for about five times.

While I do have a lot more time to study for my exams this semester, the problem is I have a little too much time, and I am caught in this weird situation where I technically can pursue my other interests, but I can't really go all out and do so because the imposing figure of my finals is looming in the background.

I cannot wait for my last exam to be over. I'm going to have to pack like mad, but that torture will be swift, as my cousin arrives on the Sunday after next (my last final exam is the Friday after next) to whisk me off to Chicago. And then the next day, I hop on a Southwest plane to good ol' California for a week of rest and relaxation and sisterly bonding.

I can't wait for that. I can't wait for this to be over. I can't wait to start summer. I can't wait to graduate from law school.

No comments: