11/04/2005

Wasting Time

I'm supposed to be doing this two-hour homework now, but there's a dull throb in my head, and I'm thinking that maybe I should try and get rid of that by writing something here. It's not working at all, by the way. The throbbing is increasing which each key that I hit, but I don't care. I'd rather have a headache and be writing than have a headache and work. Maybe this has to do with me sleeping at four this morning and getting up at nine. I like sleeping when I feel like it and so I do. But I don't like waking up to adjust to the rigid schedule of the world. Why doesn't the world adjust to me? Because it got here first? Because it's mean? Because it just feels like it? Questions that the world won't answer but which I'll throw at it anyway because I like doing useless things.

Oh man, I feel so wasted. What in the world am I typing? But unsurprisingly, the words still make sense. I wonder if they say anything about me. Well, if they do, then good. If they don't, not bad. I submitted a memo to the court today. My professor is the judge, and she has around 20 would-be-lawyers submitting memos to her on the exact same case. I don't envy her her job. Okay, the throb is going away, but my head is foggy. I'm not sleepy though. And I don't think I'll be sleeping any time soon. The night is young, and there are places to visit and things to do. There'll be time enough for sleep. Besides, it's not like I lack dreams. I dream every night again, just like before, and then there are the dreams outside of sleep and the nightmares there too.

I was supposed to write about two films that I saw last Saturday - "My Terrorist" and "My Land Zion." The director, Yulie Gertsel, answered questions after the film. It was a good overall experience, even if I almost froze to death on the way back home. I'm vaguely tempted to start that piece, but I'm not in an intellectual mood right now, and I don't want to lace that topic with incoherence. But yeah, I'll be writing about that, so that's something for my faithful readers, if there any of you out there, to watch out for. That's a gratuitous promise you can't enforce, because there's no consideration. But I'll be keeping it anyway, I think. As of now, that's the plan.

This is fantastic. I am such an expert at wasting time.

No comments: