9/10/2005

Hurricane Me

You'd think I'd have a lot to say after a month of being away from home and three weeks of law school here. But funnily enough, nothing comes to mind. Well, okay, some things do come to mind, but I don't feel like writing about them because that'd take too much effort. That's another way of saying that I'm not in the mood to ramble. Which begs the question of why I'm typing this up, actually. And I guess I'm not in the mood to explain that either.

So guess what - hurricane Katrina is pretty much the talk of the town here. It's at least as visible as the hallowed football team, and that's saying a lot, believe me. Anyway, I just found out that there was a hurricane Camille some years back. Both were dreadful but great. I don't think I'd mind if people said that about me. It's meant to be insulting in a flattering way and flattering in an insulting way. So yeah, that's my interesting thought for the night.

I'll be sleeping in a few minutes. I'm not that sleepy, but I know I had better sleep now. That's part of this holistic discipline thing I'm trying to impose on myself. It doesn't seem to be working at all, but I'll see it through. I will not let me conquer me.

And I wish I'd have nice dreams tonight. I used to dream a lot back home. I'd have a different dream every night, and it'd vary by theme (i.e. friends this week, family the next, then places next). I promise that I'm not dreaming this up - pun regrettably intended. Then when I'd wake up, I'd be happy that I'd dreamt. If it was a good dream, I'd feel my hours of sleep were worth it. If it was a bad one, I'd be happy it was just a dream. But here, I don't think I dream - in the sleeping sense, that is. In the real world sense, my dreams are as bright as ever. But I said I didn't want to exert myself tonight, so I'll let that statement be.

I'll let this post be, come to that. Bye.

8 comments:

wonderspeller said...

no one would ever say you were dreadful though. great, definitely still =) don't get tamad to write na! i need stuff to read during work. hehe. miss you na!

Bobby said...

hey cams,

how are classes? what have you been up to there? make kuwento!

Kit said...

hey camille! i love you as a friend but since both the Wildcats and the Golden Gophers are in the Big Ten conference, i will have to reserve you as much disdain as I do for all other Big Ten teams unless if you root my team.

G.V. said...

haha! funny ka!
maybe that means you'll take Notre Dame by storm as well! =0)

ollie said...

Cams! Haha, actually, you were top-of-mind when i first heard about Katrina! I tried calling you before you left, but couldn't get through. Are you coming back for christmas?

m said...

Cams!!! Bob's right--make kwento! :)

fabian said...

hi camille. nice to see ur writing stuff again. i go to your blog for entertainment. please keep writing

CS said...

Len: I like your comment a lot. So insightful and honest. ;)

Bob and Maf: Something tells me that the kuwento - or the rambling posing as kuwento - will come soon. And that's my sorry attempt at being cryptic, like you two. :)

Kit: When I first read your comment, I had to ask someone who/what the Wildcats and the Golden Gophers were. I'll take my chances with the Fighting Irish, but will you like me more if I tell you that when I watched the first home game, I did not understand anything at all? If it will, good for me; if it won't, bad for you. ;)

Gi: Haha, I hope! :) Or maybe ND is taking me by storm instead. What happened to your blogspot? It disappeared.

Ollie: Thanks for trying to call! :) I probably was on the phone then. Yep, I'll be there December, and I'm really looking forward to it. Grand reunion of the ADS 'to, I'm sure!

Fabs: Thanks, thanks! :) I've an idea for this blog, actually, but I'm not sure if I'll do it. If I do it, you'll see it. Er, malamang...

To everyone: Update your blogs constantly, please! I need short bursts of entertainment in between reading and briefing, and I look to blogland for that. :) Special mention to Cokelover and Comic!